Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rounds 1 and 2 of the Reedy Truck Race of Champions!

Early this week I was on the fence on whether or not to run this weekends truck race. Once Jimmy had sent the photo's of the layout for me to blog about. I was hooked. I planned on making the trek to Hot Rod. I booked the hotel and everything. I was set to race Stock Truck and Super Stk Truck. However, my wife asked me on Wednesday to skip this weekend and go with her to a couple of doctors appointments on Friday. I was bummed at first for like 5 seconds, but since I have a new baby girl on the way racing takes a back seat. I recently bought an 18t for her. ( I just can't get into the doll thing yet!)

Jimmy and his track crew didn't disappoint me in the least. For those of you who don't know or didn't see yesterday's action. It is being broadcast live at http://www.therczone.com/live/. I must tell you the video feed was great and so was the audio very nice and clean. There were a few hiccups but it was on my end. I was watching from my PC. When I switched over to my Mac everything was perfect and no problems.

I hope Greg at the RC Zone gets a lot more two and three day races after this event. RC Zone's video and audio quality has been far superior to it's competitor's that I have seen. As a professional news photographer based in San Diego it was refreshing to sit back and watch the live broadcast and hear Jimmy say "Strap it up and get er done" several times, not even being mic'd by the RC Zone"

I heard Jimmy mention during the broadcast yesterday that next year will be a two day event. I second that. I wish all three day events were two day events but I realize that isn't possible. The competition was nothing short of what I expected. I am personally pulling for Zack Rogers this weekend in Stock Truck! Come on Kid....Let that Banzai motor rip! I also will be following San Diego's Jayson Pang who is the current TQ in Super Stk Truck hopefully he can grab win as well. This could be a big weekend for the Kyosho guys! Those will be a couple of the classes I will be keeping and eye on.

Good Luck to all the drivers today.... I bet Rounds 3 and 4 will be even faster than yesterday's heats...

For all the results of Round 1 and 2 please go to the RC Zone's website! Below is the link:

www.therczone.com

Greg, I just want to say thank you for all your hard work this weekend for taking the time to broadcast this spectacular race event.

Stay tuned for my next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment