Friday, September 4, 2009

2nd Annual Pro-line Surf City Classic Finals

I apologize for getting this blog out so late. I had the pleasure of spending this past weekend at OCRC Raceway in Huntington Beach, CA . I raced in the 2nd Annual Pro-line Surf City Classic. It was a really fun weekend for rc drivers becasue they had the opportunity to meet with represenatives of several different car manufacturers.

I liked the fact I was able to get three qualifiers in on Saturday and be done by 5pm. It was a prefect weekend for racing not to mention the door prizes. After each main they announced door prizes, OCRC gave away several ready to run kits 2 of them were 1/8 scale electric kits and I received an HPI E Firestorm 1/10 scale electric truck. There were over 100 entries and 16 heats of action packed races.

It was neat to see Jared Tebo in action. I swear everytime that guys runs his Kyosho Buggy, it makes me want to go out and buy a kit. Team Associated and OFNA Racing didn't disappoint. In the 1/8 scale Pro Electric Buggy Jeremy Kortz and Ryan Cavalieri put on a show for us. In the end Cavalieri took the win.

Ryan ended up winning 3 out for the 4 pro classes this past weekend. He also took home a cool $1,700 in cash prizes. Great Job... I would also mention that local favorite Steve Hartson made the 4wd mod class a race to remember. I couldn't keep track of the lead changes he definetely was knocking on everyone's back door all weekend long....

Overall Robert Black and his track crew did a great job this past weekend. I liked how well the race was run. I would hope that more people come out and support this facility in the future. It really is a great place to put your skills to the test.

Here is a link below to OCRC raceway:

http://www.ocrcraceway.com

Stay tuned for my next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment