Saturday, September 12, 2009

Round 7 JBRL Electric Series Coming Up!



Photo By: Jason Boulanger


As I sit here and write this blog at 4:45am were just 20 hours away from the kick off of Round 7 of the JBRL Electric Series. If it is anything like Round 4 in June then it will for sure be a great day of racing. As you can see by the picture I posted the parking lot will be packed, so I suggest you get there by Saturday afternoon. When I arrived at Pegasus Hobbies this past June I was blown away by the RV set-ups and tents. My first impression was Wow! It felt like I was at a Nascar Event. Jimmy had out done himself again. There were over 240 entrants and the parking spilled over into the next building. I know cause I parked there and had to hike the gear. It was worth it in the end.


That race, the track was run dry all day, but due to other businesses in the area there has been some dust complaints. So as usual there is a good debate whether or not to run the track dry or leave it wet for this race. My thoughts are if they get as many drivers as they did the last round they will probably have to run it half wet and half dry. This way it would keep the other businesses from complaining, and the race day would not be thrown off. Water should be placed every 5 races to keep things on track. Now if it is a smaller turnout, then obviously you can run more water for sure and water every 2 0r 3 heats if the turnout is what we had in Bakerfield. My prediction is that this will be a pretty big race, turnout will be high and we will see water on the track every 5 to 6 races.

Make sure to bring different and plenty of sets of tires. I run an associated T4 so I use Ribs in the front Holeshots and Double D's when dry. When wet I used Ribbed in the front and Komodo Dragon's in the rear. If your a new racer or an experienced one these tire choices are just some helpful info if your looking to race this weekend and not sure what is a good starting point. I also use the proline two stage foam in the tires as well.If tires are your main concern go to the JBRL website, it also lists tires to use at Pegasus Hobbies. Please keep in mind what I use and the site lists are starting point recommendations, but they should get you through this weekend. Today the club racing on Saturday starts at 5:00pm it should be a pretty big turnout. I bet the racing won't get done till midnight or 1:00am Sunday. I wish I could race tonight but, family comes first today, so I can play tomorrow.


From what I have been reading the layout has been in for about a month now, so the locals should be the guys to watchout for this weekend. I know I will have my work cut out for me, but that being said I really only go to these races to have fun and enjoy myself because I only get to race with these guys once a month. To me the best part is the BBQing, talking about the different rivalries, and about different RC tips and tricks etc. In the end it doesn't matter as long as you had a good time and were able to get out of the house and enjoy yourself.



Here is a link to the JBRL site:

www.jimmybabcock.com


Here is a link to Pegasus Hobbies site:

www.pegasushobbies.com


Stay tuned for my next blog later in the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment