Saturday, May 1, 2010

News and Notes 5/1/10

Good Evening Everyone,

Today was the final round of the Socal-rc.com Short Course Series hosted at Kearny Mesa Bowl. The race took place in the bowling alley's parking lot. I spoke with Socal-rc.com's moderator, and I will have all the results in the next few days. I told Dan Callander at the end of today's race that I will blog more in depth about their Points Series as soon as the results are in. He told me he can't wait to read the report! Grade me Accordingly Dan!!!!!!

Next topic I was at Barona Speedway last weekend with the gang. In the words of Downtown Dave Brown "Good Times were to be had by All". All you socal drivers.... You have no idea what your missing by not getting down here to this track! I love it.... Anyways I got the Barona Channel Up right now it is under RC Insider... I am basically posting the video's I cut and putting them on Barona's Thread. These races will be on Barona's website when Ed Garcia gets one going. He is working on that as we speak....

While at Barona last week I spoke with Kyle Christy of El Cajon Hobbies. Kyle is also their Race Team Manager. He mentioned that he and the owner of El Cajon Hobbies are putting a series race together later this Summer. Right now they are working on getting an I lap system. It is nice to see things really starting to take shape in this town... I am so glad to be out on the front lines writing about the local RC racing action in the County I live in.

Finally the REAL BIG NEWS one MR. KEITH JONES of ROCKETSHIPRACING.COM called me last week. We texted back and forth for 3 hours straight while I was at work. Big update from Mr. Jones 8 Tons of race grade sand free clay has arrived since last Saturday. He said things are moving right along nicely. Inspections are 40% done on one building and they have just started inspecting the second building this past week. Currently he is almost done securing a food court with a Mini Del Taco. He hopes to get a Cold Stone Creamery as well. In talking with Keith he mentioned he has enough room for two indoor 8th scale tracks and one on road track. That is awesome...

I really am looking forward to seeing this project come full circle. I hope to be talking with Keith in the next couple of days. I know he will be at the JBRL this weekend. In fact I'll probably text him tomorrow. I couldn't make it this weekend but I hope to be back on the road in June.... I have to pick and choose my out of town races carefully right now. Trust me, I wanted to be at Hot Rod Hobbies this weekend, but I was told by "The General" aka my wife that no out of town racing until Mother's Day is over.

At this time, I want to thank the guys at Socal-rc.com for putting on a fabulous Short Course Series here in San Diego. It takes a lot of work putting something like this together. You guys did a great job your first time out of the gate. I also want to thank them for having my blog on their site. I appreciate the good working relationship I have with socal-rc.com.

I would like to thank the Barona 1/8th Wonder Crew for letting me be your video guy and letting me put a channel together for you guys. Ed Garcia you and my Pit Dawg Jim Cooper are the reason I keep racing and blogging! Finally a big thanks to Keith Jones of rocketshipracing.com, I haven't known you very long but in dealing with you these past couple of weeks it has been a pleasure talking to you about your new track. I look forward to following your story as it continues to develop here in San Diego.

Stay tuned for my next blog.....

Links Below:

http://www.socal-rc.com/

http://www.rocketshipracing.com/

http://www.elcajonhobby.com/

http://www.downtowndelrin.com/

P.S. Off to go work on the video channel....

1 comment: