Monday, April 26, 2010

The RC Insider is now on youtube.com

As some of you may know I am a news photographer by trade. I work at a local TV station in San Diego, CA. I chase everything from Crime to City Council meetings etc. Well, recently it was brought to my attention from some of my colleagues that I should put some video with my blog.

The news business that I work in these days is now going towards the Face book, YouTube, Blogger, Twitter generation. Ton's of different social media platforms to put your work on. Well, RC is my hobby and when I got into this hobby I didn't want to shoot video on the weekend because I shoot video all week. The races on the weekend are my sanctuary for blowing off some steam and getting away from work and pretty much most of the stuff that annoyed me the week prior. Well a few have convinced me to get the camera out and put some video's together when I am at the races.

I am currently going to be helping with the 1/8 Wonder Barona Speedway RC track here in San Diego build a channel for their track. I also plan on shooting some video's when I'm at the JBRL this year and any two day race for that matter... The RC Insider Channel that I will be putting together will mostly be an information channel along with a lot of good fast local RC racing action in So Cal. I hope to shoot some interviews with factory drivers at the larger races I attend...

The true goal of this channel is to grow the hobby at the local club racing level. So far there are several channels already posting video. That is fantastic. There are always room for more channels. I plan on making mine a bit different. So please when you get a chance subscribe and check back often, I have a few more video's to come out this week...

Coming up in my next Blog I have a Rocketshipracing.com update on the new indoor facility breaking ground in San Diego. I also have an update on a possible off-road series put on by El Cajon Hobbies in El Cajon, CA. A lot is going on here in So Cal right now and I am working on getting you the latest info on everything that I get sent to me...

Stay tuned for my next Blog....

P.S. I really plan on getting out to one of Charlie Barnes races this Summer. I want to see what his OC Circuit is all about... I missed getting to meet him at a painting seminar at Krazy Kevins Hobbies here in Chula Vista, CA last month... I definitely need to touch base with him soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment