Monday, May 24, 2010

Richard Smith Memorial Race...

Good Evening,

I promised a special blog this week on Richard Smith an OC Circuit Driver. I wanted to share this info tonight and start preparing for this weekends race. I am PMing Charlie Barnes as soon as this blog is out. I hope this race will have a big turnout. I will blog about this a couple more times this week because our RC racing community has lost a veteran driver here in Southern California. To be honest, I probably raced with Richard Smith at some point when I was in high school. He has been around a while and I used to race so cal on-road back in the day when I drove with Kisbey Motors and Precision Motorworks Motors, back in the early 90's.

If you get a chance please check out the forums on rctech.net. I read them and they touched me so much that I am having my mom's Catholic Church St. Joesph's in Modesto, CA have a mass held in his name.

In my next blog I will profile Richard and post some of his friends comments... I hope the little bit I can do helps his family during this tough time...

Below is the info on the race... My blog this week is dedicated to Richard Smith...

Richard Smith Memorial Race - R/C Tech Forums: "To all who have been lucky and fortunate enough to have known Rich, he has gone to a better place now. WE will have a 1 day memorial race for him on Sunday, May 30 at Surf City Raceway. All the proceeds will go to his Wife to help with there time in need. She will also auction off his RC stuff as well. So to those who happened to have the 5th Sunday off this month, Come On and Join us! Surf City Raceway is located at 18100 Golden West St. Huntington Beach, Ca 92648.
Cost is $20 to race. This is no trophy race. No special prizes. Just a race to help a good friend's family. Thank you."

Stay tuned for the next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment