Monday, May 17, 2010

News and Notes 5/17/10

Good Morning Everyone,

I got back from the UP GRADE RC Race yesterday around 4:00pm yesterday and boy was I tired. I didn't stay to shoot video of the mains. I had to come home early for work last night. Anyway it was a fun weekend in Hesperia, CA. If you ever get a chance and like running on a loamy track, Fun Time Hobbies is the place for you. UP GRADE RC, SMITH OPTICS, JONES CANCER FOUNDATION and a few other sponsors that I can't remember put on a fantastic weekend.

I walked away with a couple of door prizes that I will gladly be using... It is nice to see RC manufacturers step up in these tough economic times and sponsor races such as this. UP GRADE RC had their trophies specially made for this race. I believe Jimmy Babcock kept announcing the fact that they were laser etched... They were without a doubt some of the coolest awards so far this year I have seen...

I want to take this time to touch on a couple of things in this blog... Last week while I was at work a few of my readers asked me about my blog... I received 5 phone calls and 3 e-mails. Much to my surprise I didn't realise my blog was taken off socal-rc.com. The reason for me blogging about this is the fact that I was told I wasn't the only affiliate taken off the website. Later that night I spoke with Dan he assures me our relationship is in good standing and that he is in the process of creating an affiliate page. He said in due time I'll be back on the site. I really haven't left the site because I post everything in General RC Discussions where I already have a thread.

After thinking about it over the weekend at the UPGRADE RACE. I have a take on this. I wish I would have been notified about this before it happened, but I wasn't. I really didn't like the fact that I was blind sided by this. The RC community is very small here in San Diego. There are a couple of good hobby shops, couple of legit tracks right now etc...! I can honestly say I didn't lose any sleep over this. This was a blip on my radar... I told several people socal-rc.com can do what they want it is their site. I'm not a paid advertiser... I do see where their site is going... I am very happy for them. They are getting the exposure they need and that is fine with me.

I write stuff in my blog that people like and I write about things that people don't like. I want everyone who reads this blog to understand I have always been thankful for everything socal-rc.com has done for this blog promoting it and mentioning it at their races. My initial goal when I started this blog was to promote the local racing scene in San Diego and the surrounding region of Southern California.

I plan to do a better job at bringing more local stories and race coverage in the future with either photo's or video. I am slowly growing month by month and I have several notable professionals in the RC Industry like what I have been doing for awhile now... It is nice to hear from time to time that people enjoy reading my blog. Recently Pat Lowry I noticed followed my blog. That is great for me. Pat is a very credible local hot shoe here in SD. In addition to Pat other So Cal locals such as Charlie B of the OC Circuit, Jaws local on-road race director of SDAR have been following my blog and commenting on it. I really appreciate their endorsments.

The blog has been quiet this past week because I am in the process of moving this blog to my own site. I spent the past week lining up graphics, working out certain partnerships with local San Diego RC companies. Finally, I secured the domain rcinsider.com! You are free to check it out. It is parked at www.godaddy.com. I will have my graphics done by the middle of this upcoming week by my partner in crime Dave Blair of the Blair Group! Just kidding Dave works with me at XETV-TV here in San Diego he is the lighting director and shades all the video that comes into the control room from the field and studio.

I should be back on track this week. I have a blog about the upcoming Richard Smith Memorial Race in the OC at the end of the month that I am planning to run. I have my thoughts on the JBRL Electric Series. My guy Zach Rogers continues to dominate the SS field! I wish I was that fast... Finally, I will release more info on what is taking place with my new website.

Stay tuned for my next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment