Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jones Cancer Foundation to Sponsor Tyler Vik...

Tyler Vik (Right)Good Evening,


On May 26, 2010 Keith Jones of the Jones Cancer Foundation and Rocketship Racing here in San Diego, CA sent me a return text regarding his plans for the 4th Round of the JBRL Nitro Series. On July 10th at Green Flag Raceway in Hesperia, CA he will be sponsoring Tyler Vik of Team Kyosho in the 1/8 Electric Class. Tyler will be running for the Jones Cancer Foundation Team. Keith also mentioned to me he has given sponsorships to Jake Hass, Chris Emard and partial sponsorship to Thomas Jones of Solano Beach as team driver/mechanic throughout JBRL Nitro Series for this year.

He also mentioned to me in another text later that night that the Points Winners of the JBRL Electric Series will be used as extras in an upcoming movie. At this point you think I am done with some nuggets of info. I am not. Keith also mentioned he has deposited money into an escrow account to buy 67 acres off the I15 near Escondido. He plans to build a couple of kick ass nitro courses. I held off in releasing this info at the time it was given to me because I have been so wrapped up in gathering content for my soon to be released new weblog http://www.rcinsider.com/.

I haven't determined the launch date but it is very soon and when I decide my loyal readers will be the first to know. This past April when I first mentioned Keith Jones I told you about his plans for building an indoor track in North County and the fact that he has secured not 1 but 2 Circuit City buildings. I later followed it up with the fact he has had 30 tons of sand free race grade clay delivered to the site. I sent him a text yesterday to find out about when he thinks he will open. He hopes to have an idea in about a week. As some of you may not know his health is not the best right now, he is battling cancer and has a kidney stone that is causing great pain these days. Keith mentioned he also is having some wisdom teeth pulled at the end of this week. He said he really needs to get his health back on track so he is having his Cousin step in and help with the operations of his tracks!

A few weeks ago I was at the UPGRADE RC Race at Fun Time Hobbies and Keith's Cancer Foundation was a sponsor. He stepped up and gave away 5 kits to 5 lucky people. Were talking 4x4 Jammin Short Course kits to 1/8 nitro kits. I was amazed at this generosity. He did this for Round 3 at JBRL Electric Series race at Hot Rod Hobbies as well. He plans to give away 8 kits in Bakersfield, CA at Round 4 of the JBRL Electric Series. At this time he says he is only doing this for the Electric Series. Finally last week I told you I had some driver news regarding the RC Insider. Please check back this Friday for my next blog. I can hardly wait to share this information.

Links Below:



Stay tuned for the next blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment