Sunday, June 20, 2010

JBRL Electric Series Round 4 invades Bakersfield...

Zack Rogers (center)This weekend has been a blast for the RC Insider... Where do I begin? I first want to thank my supporting and loving wife for being so gracious in understanding how geeked up I am about getting this website up and running (rcinsider.com). Secondly I really want to thank El Cajon Hobbies for their support these past couple of weeks... Victor the owner of El Cajon Hobbies had gone out of his way to get a couple of shirts for me to bring down to Bakersfield this weekend...

I also want to thank Team ECH for helping me cut and set up my new short course body yesterday! Kyle and Eric are always going out of there way to help me. Guys we forgot to take a picture of the (team) at West Coast yesterday! Let's try not to let this happen again! LOL! This really has been a cool weekend for me. I think the biggest highlight was sitting up with Danny S., Chris Kaspar, and one of Danny's local drivers at his race track till 4:30 in the morning talking RC! It was without a doubt the most positive meeting, I have had on that kind of level. We didn't spend the night talking trash we spent the night talking and thinking of ways on bringing growth to RC. Danny and I think alike on some things some other things I am sure we might disagree on, but one thing is for sure we both want to see new people getting into this hobby and just have a good time.

I will blog more about my talk with Danny in a day or so. I want to turn my attention now to Round 4 of the JBRL Electric Series heading to Bakersfield on Father's Day! What a day for a race! In my house trust me it's Mother's Day! LOL! I was at the track yesterday. It looked pretty good. Jimmy will have fun announcing the race today. It also looks like there will be a bigger crowd then last year... I stopped by Brent Bizbee's No Tell Motel had a couple of red cups and visited with the JBRL die hards "It was good times had by all" Finally as you can see by the new picture of (Mr. Hometown Stud )Zack Rogers of Bakersfield he was sporting the new RC Insider gear on Saturday afternoon... I also took some footage of Zack practicing yesterday. I just want to say how happy I am with choosing Zack to help me with this little start-up weblog...

I had such a great time working and talking with him yesterday. Honestly it was the first time we could sit down and talk for over an hour without playing phone tag... Zack and I are on the same page, this is going to be good for the two of us... I wish him all the best today I know he will TQ one of the three classes he is racing! Round 4 will take place at Racers Haven in Bakersfield, CA. Practice 6:00am to 8:00am Racing begins at 9:00am...

P.S.

Below are the links:

http://www.hotrodhobbies.com/

http://www.jimmybabcock.com/

http://www.racers-haven.com/

Stay tuned for my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment