Sunday, June 6, 2010

RC Insider signs Zachary Rogers

As many of you know I am in the process of moving the RC Insider Blog to a full blown site. I am taking the Word Press route and going to be choosing a template that is a good platform for both video and photography. Having said that I have been in the process of choosing a company rep/driver that can represent the RC Insider to its best ability. The RC Insider was initially created to promote local tracks and drivers in the Southern California Area. It is my goal that someday it can be viewed as the Red RC of the United States! I have a vision of where I can take this and I hope to be able to make it happen. In doing this I have chosen to bring aboard Zachary Rogers as a company rep/driver.

Zack is 17 years old and based out of Bakersfield, CA. He has been racing for the past 4.5 years. His home track is Racer's Haven. He often races at Hot Rod Hobbies, OCRC, and West Coast Hobby Garage and Raceway. His sponsors include JConcepts, Banzai Motors, Sparks Inks, Blackbeard RC, and now RC Insider.

Here are some of his accomplishment's of 2010:
3rd Place in Pro Mod Buggy and Truck in the Golden State Electric Challenge.
1st Place in 4wd Mod and Super Stock Buggy in the SuperCross Series at West Coast RC.
1st place ROAR Region 12 in Super Stock Buggy, and TQ and 2nd Place in Super Stock 4wd.
TQ and 1st place in Super Stock 4wd, 2nd in Super Stock Buggy and Mod Truck at the JConcepts Wave Race. In JBRL Standings this year, Zack sits in 1st place in Super Stock Truck, 2nd in Super Stock Buggy, and 3rd in 4wd Super Stock. He is currently the only one sitting in a podium position at this point of the Series without a Chassis sponsor in the Super Stock Classes! Awesome job Zack!

Zack has been a big supporter of this blog since it's inception. Zack was really the first local fast driver here in So Cal that came to me and said he really liked what I have been doing. At that point I felt I was on to something really cool. Zack quickly hit my radar towards the end of last year. At the beginning of this year I PM'ed Zack to let him know that I was tracking his results and going to be blogging about him. He was stoked at the time. I spent the first part of the year putting my plan together for this site, while doing that I watched Zack at the first couple of JBRL races, spent time talking to him on the phone, and finally e-mailing and finding out what kind of a kid he is. I am glad he planning on attending college in the fall. Zack mentioned he wants to go to Golden West College near OCRC. I really liked hearing that. Zack is the perfect driver for the RC Insider. He is running all Super Stock classes on the JBRL this year without any Chassis support! I explained to Zack the RC Insider is about promoting RC racing and taking the privateer driver to the next level. My goal is to help give him the exposure he needs so he can at some point get to Team Associated, Losi, etc.

I spoke with Zack a couple of weeks ago and originally offered support for the Hot Rod Hobbies Shootout in Saugus, CA this year. I told him what I could offer, he was thrilled. He even offered to wear my gear at Nationals and putting me down as a sponsor without even me mentioning anything about Nationals. Needless to say, I promised him I would help him at Nationals this year as well. Zack understands I can't give him the Factory support of some the manufacturers but I can help in other ways. He is understanding of that and that helps me... I have told him he is welcome to rep the website for as long as he wants.

He has an open door with me. I told him I want to build the driver part of the site around him and his driving results. In the future, I hope to bring on more drivers with Zack Rogers credentials down the road. Last week, I sent him the proofs of the new logo I am going to be rolling out very soon. I asked for his input. I also sent the proofs to Eric as well from EL Cajon Hobbies! El Cajon Hobbies will also be on the shirts as well. I made some tweaks and it is at the printers as we speak. I haven't mentioned this to Zack yet, but I am setting him up with an e-mail account as well as some business cards to take to his traveling races. I believe in this kid and hopefully I can help him get to where he wants to be in the world of RC!

Stay tuned for my next blog!

1 comment: