Friday, March 12, 2010

News and Notes 3/12/10

Sophia Rose Flint

1/29/10

8 pounds 5 ounces

20 inches

Scripps La Jolla

10:37am


Good evening everyone,


I wanted to take this time to let my followers and readers know that my blog isn't dead. I just have had it on hold due to the birth of my daughter at the end of January. I can honestly say these have been the coolest two months of my life. Just watching little Sophia grow has been a blessing. Now that I have shared this info with all of you I can switch gears and get back to race mode.

First off... WHAT HAS BEEN UP WITH THIS FREAKING WEATHER LATELY? Seriously I had some free time earlier in the week and my brother happened to be in town. Needless to say our golf game was rained out! Are you kidding me? This is San Diego!!! Not Seattle!!! LOL! Hopefully the worst is behind us. Last weekend was my first weekend back racing. No better place for me to start racing again was two miles from my house at an undisclosed location in Chula Vista known as Frank's backyard track. It was a SOCAL-RC.com's fundrasier race.

SOCAL-RC.com is hosting a booth at this years RCX. I have never been to RCX, but in the future I really hope I can get out to this Hobby Expo and check out the latest and greatest in RC. If you want more information on RCX you can find it on-line or you can contact San Diego's local connection to this Hobby Expo SOCAL-RC.com. They have ticket's available, so if you go please stop by and check out their booth.

I am personally glad to see these guys take the time out of their busy schedules to make some time for this cool hobby know as RC. I support and these guys in their quest to really try to give San Diego exposure at this Hobby Expo. Last week, they held a race as fundraiser to raise money for their booth at Pomona. I donated the winnings from last weeks race. I know times are tough and money is tight, but I urge all locals that race with these guys to donate what you can so they can have a safe trip and spread the word about RC in San Diego. So please stop by and see these guys at the Hobby Expo next weekend.

On to my next topic. I wasn't able to make it out to the Grand Opening at the end of January at Barona's new RC facility in San Diego. From what I heard they had like over 120 entries. That is awesome. I have been so busy lately, but I am hoping to get out there this weekend. At the end of this blog I'll put a link to this track. RC racing is really making a come back in San Diego I see more two day races coming to Barona in the near future and possibly JBRL Nitro races in years to come.

Ok my next item of business is track preview's. I have been blogging about Palm Desert RC Raceway, and Modesto RC Raceway I plan to have those track preview's shortly in the next week or two. I think you will find what I have to say is very interesting about these tracks.

Finally, I wanted to mention congratulations is in order to a one Zach Rogers. Zach races for Banzai Motors, Team Associated, JConcepts and a few other sponsors. I just wanted to say congrats to this young man he has been en fuego as of late... That means (on fire)! Zach has taken the podium at the Golden State Challenge earlier this year in Mod Truck and Mod Buggy. He also was on the podium at the Supercross Series at West Coast Raceway by winning superstock buggy and mod 4wd buggy. Finally, he was on the podium at the ROAR Regional at Roadrunner's RC in Ventura, CA last month. I don't have his results but I read he did well at this event.

I have taken the time to write about Zach because he is an up and coming RC driver in this sport and is the future of racing should he stick with it. He is without a doubt going to be a contender in this years JBRL and most 2 to 3 day events in and around California. Plus he is a huge fan of this blog and likes what I have to say which is nice to hear.

Ok drivers, that is all for now but in my next issue I will be discussing the JBRL Electric Series in more detail as to the new rules and regulations.

Links:

www.socal-rc.com

www.downtowndelrin.com

Stay tuned for my next Blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment