Sunday, November 8, 2009

News and Notes 11/08/09

I wanted to let my readers know for the past couple of weeks I have been sick and out of work with the flu and the last thing on my mind was taking the time to write some blogs about the coolest hobby on the planet!

So I re-surfaced yesterday in San Diego at an un-disclosed backyard track for some fun racing with the Boys at Socal-rc.com. These guys host some of the coolest backyard races I have ever been too. Over the years I have seen a lot of backyard tracks but the ones these guys are driving on are great.

I really like the FREE COOLER OF BEER! That's right they hosted the race with some extra free beer for the racers. Now how often does that happen at the races? It was a great afternoon. I would suggest if you are in the SD area and looking for some RC help, talk to these guys because they can help you a lot. Socal-rc also is working with El Cajon Hobbies to expand there RC car department I assume that will become the local hangout for Short Courses!

I haven't had the opportunity to get out to El Cajon Hobbies but the owner was there yesterday watching the racing, that was good to see. He also donated a JC Concepts Short Course Body for the raffle it fits the Slash or SC10. I will for sure be stopping by his establishment in the future.

I also would like to let Danny S. over at West Cost R/C Raceway and Hobby Garage know, that I am so happy you were able to get your track re-opened. I really would like to get out there, but I am trying to throw as much support to tracks that are starting to come into play here in San Diego. I will for sure be at West Coast in the near future...

Since I have been out sick I have been behind on some articles that I have been wanting to get out. I have two track write-ups I am working on.... I am in the process of writing about a track in the Palm Desert area and in my hometown of Modesto, CA. Modesto R/C Raceway will soon be open. I will be talking with both of those track owners this next week and more info will be up as soon as I can get it done.

Finally the new off-road track down here in San Diego which is located on the Barona Indian Reservation is almost ready for racing. Today is a practice/track grooming party for the Socal-rc.com guys. The track is open from 8am to 3pm. It is invite only today. I can't wait for the official first race....

Alright I am finally out of breath, Whoooo....

Stay tuned for the next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment